Well, this has been an interesting weekend. It started out pretty good with a lumber run to Lowe’s, a saw session followed up with a fun night of Rock Band with Billy and Pakage (the R!Vagiants reunion tour – with fans calling out where’s David all night). Around 3 in morning things turned ugly. That is when Pakage informed me our well had gone dry – major suckage. We played a few more songs for the crowd and made our way off the stage. After verifying the well pump breaker had tripped I set out to find a cause. The master bath shower faucet had a few drips so I tried taking advantage of the water pressure loss to see if I could change out the springs. An hour later I gave up lacking some needed tools and worried I’d snap the pipes at 4:30am – not good. I hit the bed after putting the faucet back together to get some shuteye before the long day of hauling water. 6:30am I was back up, Linda helped me get the tank in the truck and 3.5 hours later I’d hauled 24oo gallons of water….. but that was just the beginning of the days work.. there was Vegas to build!
.. and that brings us to the topic of today’s post. (Note, my brother has been giving me grief that I pre-write some of my posts ahead of time so felt obligated to write this the same day I completed the project). Last year I built a foot bridge over a gully on the lot so the people at our Halloween party could go see Serenity (link here). That bridge was working out great until the Spring flooding came. One day it was there, the next it had taken a vacation down the stream. Multiple searches up and down the stream have been fruitless which is odd since there are numerous places where trees had fallen across the stream. You would think it would have been caught up in those branches. With the Halloween party approaching once again, it was time to remedy this situation. Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce Serenity’s little brother VEGAS.
hit the jump to read all about the project.